Life isn’t always going to be a grand finale of unicorns and butterflies…sorry dude. For those of you who are feelin’ me, I feel you.
These low times can strain us emotionally, mentally and physically, and it’s easy to get trapped in that icky feeling of being sorry for ourselves. And guess what? That’s okay.
It’s important to acknowledge these tough times, accept yourself as you are. But be sure to place your focus on ways to get yourself out, rather than why you’re in it. Here are my ten best ways to get you, unstuck!
- Exercise! + MOVE! Yoga was, and still is my saving grace for getting all the shit out. It doesn’t have to be a marathon or an intense psycho sweat session, rather anything to get your cardio up, your breathing going + your blood pumping! Refresh that circulation to help inspire new ideas, make new space + release feel-good endorphins! You may even get some abs and arms whilst doin’ it! 😉
- Laugh More: Duh!? I know, sounds silly right? The fact of the matter is that it’s much easier to stay in a cycle of negative than to pull yourself out, but laughing is the way out. Go hang with your goofy bestie, see a funny movie or watch some Chapelle or Eddie Murphy stand up. Anything to turn the frown upside down! Netflix is a click away, bae.
- Define YOUR own success. Success in in the eye of the beholder. We choose to see things as we want to, not necessarily as they are. Each of us has our own path to success and each will look completely different. Try not to let the success of others impede your own thoughts, for comparison is the thief of joy. I’m still working on this practice, daily. OM.
- Write Your Heart Out. The best way to get things out of your brain is to put them on paper. When you’re in a rut, it’s important to make room in your mind for new ideas, and journaling is so helpful!
- Practice Gratitude + Get Grounded: Sometimes we take too much time to focus on what’s wrong in our lives and that only encourages more negative thoughts. Take time each morning to list ten things you’re grateful for. It’ll help put the rest of your day in perspective. Whenever I’m near nature, I make time to connect.. I make time to grow and practice gratitude close to the earth. Take your shoes off, feel the earth between your toes and get grounded, you’ll be surprised to know that, research shows electrons from mama earth can help to fight inflammation! According to research + Dr. Mercola. Love that, shoes off.
- Find Support: You are only one person, and it’s totally okay to ask for help. Maybe that means a call to your mom or a hug from your bestie, or maybe even professional guidance from a therapist! Therapists are the best, trust me, they work. Admit that you’re not perfect, stop trying to be so perfect, it will take some of the pressure off. Find the right support for your needs to get you through it!
- Be Honest with You: Are you really happy in that job? How are your relationships with your friends? Do you enjoy the hobbies you are involved in? This is your life! It’s up to you and ONLY you to live the life that you so very much desire! Choose to make more fee-good honest decisions.
- You Get Better: I know it may not feel like it right now but I promise it gets better, girl! The low points of life only make the high points feel even better. You’re going to figure it out, and it’s all going to be okay!
- Positivity Attracts: Again, sounds simple, but it’s very essential. If you feel negative thoughts coming on, try and combat them with a positive one! It doesn’t have to be big, just something like, “I feel good about what I’m doing with my time
- Chill the F- out: Do not be so hard on yourself. Something I must practice, daily.. as I am my own worst critic. We are all our own harshest critics, and in times of struggle, we tend to be even harder on ourselves. Remember that you are an amazing woman, (or dude) and that whatever is troubling you now WILL pass, and you will get through it, and you will come out even BIGGER, BADDER and BETTER! Give yourself some grace, and you’ll be okay!
With love, nature + light! xxck