Here’s a meat-free favorite comfort recipe that you and your loved ones will devour and adore with zero guilt. Sounds delish and divine! xx ck
- 1 15-ounce container part-skim milk ricotta cheese or try 1 1/2 cups cashew cheese!
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- Sea salt, to taste
- 12-15 lasagna noodles, cooked a few minutes shy of al dente (noodles will continue to cook in the oven, so be sure to leave a little crunch when boiling them)
- 2 cups homemade marinara sauce (good quality please, not high in sugar or sodium)
- 1 cup fresh basil, whole leaves
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
**Place the lasagna noodles in single layers, directly on a baking sheet to prevent pasta from sticking together!
In a medium bowl, blend the cashew cheese or ricotta, lemon zest, dried herbs, and sea salt to taste.
On a clean cutting board, spread out 4 noodles. Top with roughly 3 tablespoons of ricotta mixture, spreading evenly over each noodle. Start at one end and work your way over the whole noodle, creating thin layers for less mess! Roll each noodle tightly across to make a compact spiral. Repeat with all 12-15 noodles.
Cover the bottom of a 13×9-inch baking dish with 1 cup of the marinara.
Place the rolled noodles neatly into baking dish and cover with the remaining cup of sauce. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Place on the middle rack for best results.
To serve, top with lemon zest or nutritional yeast and more fresh basil leaves. Enjoy with a perfect glass of Pinot Grigio. Buon Appetito!
Photo by Lauren Volo