Let’s get one thing straight: Healthy food= healthy body! There’s just no getting around that.
Here’s one of my top ULTRA “SEXY FOODS!” Not only are these foods great for your body and mind, they give you the proper nutrition your body needs as well as some beauty benefits that are a bonus! Score! Read and learn yo.
Growing up in sunny Southern California, I could never get enough of this amazing, green, luscious, beautiful food! I buy at least two avos every week and I know that when I’m cooking with them or serving them to friends (avocado, strawberry and spinach salad with a balsamic glaze, skinny guacamole, avocado and Cajun seared ahi poke, or just a plain, sliced avocado on pumpernickel, with lean turkey, sprouts, and a few tomato slices) I’m treating everyone to great health benefits!
Very similar to one of my favorite oils, extra virgin olive oil (but that’s another blog), avocados also contain healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. Yes, I said “HEALTHY FATS”; it’s not an oxymoron, it’s Mother Nature, (yes, we can go over that another day as well.) These are the “good fats” that can aid in lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol levels while improving HDL (good) cholesterol levels! Avos also contain antioxidants, fiber, potassium, magnesium, and folate. Studies show that avocados are “nutrient boosters,” meaning they aid the body in the absorption of even more nutrients from other foods.
Reasons why I am absolutely in LOVE with avocados, and you should LOVE them too:
– Avocados are an amazing “sexy food” that contain plenty of monounsaturated fats (aka “good fat”!), vitamin K, dietary fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin C, folate, copper
– This fabulous fruit (yes, fruit honey!) is packed with more potassium than a medium banana- almost 900 grams of potassium to be exact!
– Avocados are a VERY healthy substitution for fattening condiments such as mayonnaise, fatty ranch dressing and or cream based spreads.
– Avocados carry 81 micrograms of lutein, which may help maintain healthy eyesight as we get older!
– Avocados are naturally cholesterol and sodium free.
– The best part about this natural beauty bar? It contains vitamins A, B and E , which are all great for nurturing the skin from the inside and out! You can mash up that avocado in a bowl and spread it on your gorgeous face to make a natural moisturizing mask. Now that my friends is definitely a “Sexy Food”! Word up.
For more info on avocados: