My two fave things, avocado + chocolate, all wrapped up into a perfect cupcake. The icing’s got a rich touch of avocado and dark Dutch cocoa powder! + Vegan and GFree for all your hippie friends! xx ck
Makes 16 cupcakes
1 3/4 cups gluten-free baking flour, sifted
1 cup almond meal
3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder
1 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 ripe Fresh Hass Avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed until smooth
3/4 cup organic granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1/3 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
Ingredients for icing
1 ripe Fresh Hass Avocado, peeled and pitted
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder
2 to 4 tablespoons almond or coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 ̊F. Fill a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the fully mashed avocado and granulated sugar. Slowly stir in the water, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, stirring until the avocado is completely smooth.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the baking soda and apple cider vinegar and let them fizz. Add to the final cupcake batter. Batter will thicken.
- Add the cupcake batter into the lined cupcake tin, bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan completely.
For more delicious avocado recipes, visit my friends at LoveOneToday!