Wassup cookie monsters! What better excuse than to whip up a batch of my most popular recipe (beside’s my Mom’s Gyoza, of course!) my famous Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies — gooey, soft, and super tasty, you’ll go bananas for them! The potassium-rich bananas replace much of the butter (so you can have twice as many), while the oats add fiberlicious goodness. The chocolate? Well, that’s great for smiles and that so-important “mmmm” factor. Bake a batch as a sweet treat for a friend, or enjoy them yourself!
Vegan Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 light brown sugar (keep it lite!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small or 1/2 large (about 1/2 cup) ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl if using a hand mixer) cream the coconut oil and brown sugar together on medium speed until creamy, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat to combine, using a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary. Mix in the mashed banana and water, beating until incorporated. Turn the mixer off and add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until they’re just combined. Add the oats and the chocolate chips, mix briefly, and use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl if needed. Chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
3. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Use a tablespoon to scoop out 1 1/2-inch dough balls, placing them about 1 inch apart on the baking sheet. Bake until just golden on top, about 10 minutes. Cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
enjoy babes! Vegan Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Love this recipe? Try these MATCHA COOKIES NEXT! xxx ck