Try my delish, earthy holiday roasted veggie treat that’s perfect for a holiday side-dish or a yummy clean green bowl idea!
Dearest parsnip, I know you’re often overlooked, but I’ve seen those lovely roots and I know you are oh-so-sweet! Related to the carrot, parsnips are perfect when lightly simmered, roasted, braised, or even grilled. With the addition of miso and honey, you can’t go wrong with this subtle side. Enjoy! xx ck
- 2 tablespoons miso paste (red or white)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 pounds parsnips, sweet potatoes, carrots, or any other root veggies you like
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a mixing bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients to make the marinade, whisking well to incorporate.
2. Peel and slice the root veggies on the bias into 1⁄2-inch pieces. Toss the parsnips in the marinade until they are well coated. Allow the parsnips to marinate for about 20 minutes.
3. Place the parsnips on a large, foil-lined baking sheet and roast for approximately 45 minutes, or until they are tender but crisp on the outside.