Two of your faves together at last! Pumpkin + Chocolate! This super yummy gluten-free and low sugar recipe uses nutritious, rolled oats, organic pumpkin, cinnamon spice and dark, decadent chocolate chips. I’d like to think these are safe for breakfast or dessert. YUM xx ck.
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups organic g-free rolled oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl if using a hand mixer) cream the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed until creamy, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine, using a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary. Mix in the pumpkin puree and water, beating until incorporated. Turn the mixer off and add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until they’re just combined. Add the oats and the chocolate chips, mix briefly, and use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl if needed. Chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
3. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Use a tablespoon to scoop out 1 1/2-inch dough balls, placing them about 1 inch apart on the baking sheet. Bake until just golden on top, about 10 minutes. Cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy, you are lovely! xxx