1/4 cup tahini paste
3 1/2 tablespoons organic red miso paste
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 to 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce (depending on how hot you like it)
1 (8- to 9.5-ounce) pack dried soba noodles
1 cup thin jicama matchsticks
2 cups baby spinach
1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
2 tablespoons gomashio, plus more as needed
- In a medium saucepan, cook the soba noodles in boiling water, as directed on your package.
- Make the dressing: Put the tahini paste, miso paste, rice vinegar, and sriracha in a large bowl. Whisk well.
- Drain the cooked noodles and rinse under cold running water; set aside in the colander. (Quick tip: To keep your noodles from clumping together, rub the noodles together when rinsing under cold running water to wash away excess starch. This will also make sure your noodles maintain a perfect texture.)
- Add your drained and cooled soba noodles to the dressing bowl and toss.
- Add the jicama and baby spinach; mix well. Top off the soba noodles with avocado slices and gomashio.
- To serve, twirl the noodles using tongs and place in individual serving bowls.